Saturday, February 2, 2019

Some Goals for my 4th Semester


It is February second today, and I have finished my classes for the week. I took a mildly terrifying physics quiz last morning and sat through a US history class about the industrialization of the northeast. But today, the whole day is before me. I’m going to get ahead on homework, and tonight, I’m going to a choir concert at Seeger Chapel.

Since I’m an honors student, I’m obligated to attend honors college events, spend some time volunteering in the community, and pick a project I’d like to work on that helps me grow. I don’t have to record and discuss those things by keeping a blog, like I did the first semester, but I decided that blogging would be good writing practice.

This summer, I’m going to visit Austria with my family. My project, therefore, will be to learn some German. Specifically, I will try to spend (at least) 8 or 10 hours this semester taking online German lessons. I might watch some movies in German as well. So far, my German learning attempts have been very successful. I know three words: danke, bitte, and Deutschland.

This blog post is just meant to be a small report on my plans. I will post plenty of updates on them this semester. Hope you have a good day, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment